My Fitness Journey

It has been a challenging couple of years but last year, as I prayed, I remember God sharing a new motto with me: "Strong 'n Feminine. Be the Woman God Designed YOU to Be ~ Beautiful from the inside out." At the time, I don't think I truly realized what this motto was going to mean or where God was going to take me.

And as I continued to pray, for God's guidance and leadership to walk along the path that He had chosen for me, I felt a strong desire to start working out. As a family, we were already eating healthy and limiting our processed foods. And to add exercising seemed to be the next step. But like so many before me, I didn't take it "seriously", just made a decision that maybe I needed to start doing what God had asked.

As I continued along my path, I could feel a very strong pull -- God trying to get me on the right path, maybe??!! Then I started noticing photos, some of friends and some of people I followed on media sources, and the transformation process made me stop short. WOW!! And then that pull again, God saying YES, this is what I want for you -- Strong 'n Feminine. You can do this! Remember the story of Moses?? ME?? I don't think so, isn't there someone else, Lord, that can do this??

On January 20, 2104, I awoke knowing that this is what God wanted and I was going to do it!! No questions asked. Was it going to be easy?? Hmmm, NO WAY!! It was going to take all of my strength and God's too (Philippians 4:13). And believe me, some days that is truly my only thought: "I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 (NCV) After working out, consistently, for a little over 3 months, I still didn't see the results when I looked in the mirror. Yes, I have a wonderful husband who tells me over and over how beautiful (and fit) I am looking. I have a very best friend, who says the same thing. ... But for me?? No, I wasn't seeing it. Looking back, it's because I didn't consider myself heavy -- out of shape, yes, but I am 48 years old *smiles*!

So what did I do? I decided to "share my transformation". Imagine my surprise, when looking at photos ... was that really me? WOW! I really had lost and reshaped my body image -- I could NOT believe it!



I mean LOOK at ME .. that couldn't be me in the BEFORE photos, could it?? But of course, it was. I was inspired and encouraged to continue along this God-given journey. I had NEW Motivation! I could do this ... I really could with God's help and strength. And not only that, I was inspiring and encouraging those around me too -- how exciting! 

What's next?? Follow along with me on this journey as I share my workouts (which by the way, all done with basic equipment AT HOME because I homeschool and run my own company and help with our family business too), share eating habits and even a few recipes, and my own disappointments and encouragements ...

Strong 'n Feminine.
Be the Woman God Designed YOU to Be ~ Beautiful from the inside out!

Country FarmHouse Blessings,


Comments

Popular Posts