Passions and Dreams

Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking ... and praying. Thinking and praying ... and waiting! What does God want me to do? What does He expect of me?

Sometimes those answers are given immediately and sometimes, as in my case, they come after spending many hours / days / weeks in prayer. I can't answer why some people can decide what God wants them to do, almost instantly. But I can talk about why I think God needed me to wait ... Wait until I found out what I was TRULY passionate about.

Looking back, at my life as a child, as an adult, as a wife, and even as a mom, I can see how I've grown -- grown in my Christian life. From having a faith-filled life, to having a "want to be walking with Christ each and every minute / second" kind of life; to want to know His Word, to want to live (as best as I possibly can) within His Word and Guidance. As I look back, I think that's what the "waiting" period was all about -- finding out / discovering WHO I AM; who I want to be and become.  The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it." Habakkuk 1:5 (NLT)

As you think about what God wants from you; about where He wants to use you and your gifts -- both spiritual gifts and your talents -- it comes down to this one basic question. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? What reason do you want to get out of bed each and every single day? Where can you not only use your talents but also your spiritual gifts?

As I looked over some of my talents and my spiritual gifts, I realized one thing: what I wanted before is not even close to what I want now. I can remember a time, and not too long ago I should add, that I thought in order to be used by God, I needed to be famous --- famous as in being on the Oprah show, famous as in "being discovered". I have since learned and again, most of this comes from reading God's Word, is that God can use the weak. He can use the weak and not only make them stronger, but truly make them into anything that He wants them to be. He can take even the weakest talents, which can be anything from speaking in front of others to having little or no experience at something, and make those weaknesses into our strengths. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)

This week, God willing and time permitting, I am going to talk about what I am MOST passionate about -- what I am feeling called to do. And what I discovered and what you will be reading may surprise you because it is NOT at all where I saw myself 5, even 4, years ago.

Country FarmHouse Blessings,





Comments

Popular Posts