Moving Forward ...

As most of you know, it will be almost 20 months since I took a "leave of absence" from my business. During this time, I have grown closer to God by reading my Bible more, praying, working on walking closer to God -- letting Him lead and guide instead of trying to get ahead and do it myself *smiles*, having faith and most of all BELIEVING. Believing in Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (NIV)  -- a very powerful verse, especially if you are going through your own trial or difficulties.

At the 19th month, I felt this overwhelming force to really start focusing -- focusing on what matters, where I am going, how I'm going to get there -- I am happy to announce that things around here are moving forward. Organization is taking place. Things are being separated into piles -- recycle, share, sell or throw away. The studio/office is starting to feel more workable, more alive -- even more like a place that I can finally feel encouragement (not always that overwhelming sadness).

Also during this time period, this waiting period, I have learned more about myself and my business -- what it means, the products that I want to carry, what inspires me. I know that not everyone will be thrilled or even love what it is that I truly love and find comfort and encouragement in -- you know what?? I am OKAY with that. Not everyone loves the same style of decorating or the same scent or even the same colors. That's okay; I don't feel pressure to please everyone. That doesn't mean my customer service or product quality is going to change, it just means that I don't want to carry over 100 scents of lotions or candles. It is really hard to concentrate on quality when I used to be so worried about quantity. I am going to offer "special request scents" and those will be processed in a timely matter but they will not be readily available for pickup or delivery -- I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, but I am learning to make today count *smiles* and to focus on what really matters - family and living life!

With all that being said, you may see many items on clearance -- including patterns, supplies, books, home decor, etc. I am going to be discounting many items to make room for those that I want (need) to include in my product line. 

I have set some goals/established some guidelines that I feel are going in the direction that God is leading me ... STAY TUNED ... I will be sharing more of what my business is going to offer, the products that will be featured and even my vision for the business in the coming months. 

Country FarmHouse Blessings,

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts