Mountains and Valleys

While working out today, I couldn't help but thinking of it as "Climbing the Mountain". In my mind, I could picture this beautiful mountain view with hiking and biking trails --- it was beautiful. Of course, when I opened my eyes, I was still riding my stationary bike, pedaling along in hubby's office. But for just a MOMent, the scenery was magnificent.

Sometimes the trials of life are when we learn the most --- the most about God, about ourselves, how we respond to difficulties and most importantly, what are we going to do to overcome the obstacle. I'm not saying that I like trials, who does??!! But during the trials while walking the valleys, the lowest and darkest times (at least it seems that way), we also know that we have no where to go but UP!! Up the Mountain, we MUST Climb --- crawling, scratching and during times, hanging on for dear life. But just imagine the view when we finally reach the TOP --- that place where God wants us to be; that point in our life that we need to reach in order to walk along the path (the journey) that He has chosen for us.

As I was "climbing THAT mountain" during my workout, it made me start thinking of all those "unfinished projects" that I have; those things that I have started and some just need one or two more things and they'll be complete. I don't want to be that way with God. YES, I want to be a W.I.P. "Work In Progress", but I don't want to be unfinished --- I want to continue to be obedient to Him and walk along my chosen path.

About halfway through my workout, I am struggling a little. Struggling because of an injury. Struggling because I am trying new things --- more biking, less running. Struggling because "am I really doing all that God has asked of me?" So what do I do? PRAY. Isn't that what we all should do --- the devil just loves to see us struggle; it's a great opportunity for him to start giving us reasons to doubt our Lord. Well, the devil can just take a flying leap off that mountain, I am thinking to myself, because God and I got this handled.

Now, God, what were you saying? Oh yes, two verses keep coming to mind. The first, of course, is one that most of know: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And then, I remember Ephesians 2:10: For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Yes, I am understanding --- I am a W.I.P. and that's okay. I am doing what God wants and I am right where God needs me to be.

I know that there will always be trials and difficulties along my mountain trail. But with God's strength and His help, I will continue to crawl and claw my way out of the valleys; sometimes just hanging on for dear life knowing that God has a Perfect Plan "just for me". And that Perfect Plan includes a VIEW from the HIGHEST Mountain.


Are you struggling with daily life things right now? Do you feel like you are running the same trails (difficulties) over and over again? Are you reaching out to God; knowing that He has the answer you are seeking? Take some time today to put your focus back on God. Read His Word. Pray. Have some Quiet time with Him ... He will show you the answers you are seeking and guide you back on the right trail --- the right path you need to be taking.

Country FarmHouse Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts