CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup

This is an original recipe from the FarmHouse Kitchen of Lori Homeyer



I do NOT always use recipes. I am a cook who uses the little bit of this, dash of that, kind of system; but as I was making my Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup, I measured everything (yes, I have witnesses).

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients: 

6 chicken broth bouillon cubes
2 chicken breasts --- cut into small pieces * I always cook my chicken fresh, but you can also purchase the "pre-packaged" chicken, if you prefer
Liquid Chicken Broth - (I use enough to cover all the ingredients plus some) 48 oz container AND 32 oz container
1 c chopped celery
2 c chopped carrots
1 teaspoon garlic salt

1 1/2 teaspoon all purpose salt-free seasoning (I make my own, but it includes the following ingredients: onion, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, red pepper, lemon peel and paprika
)
1 bag of wide egg noodles (use these later**)

In the crockpot, add all ingredients except for the noodles. Cover and let cook/simmer at a low temp for at least 3-4 hours. Shortly before dinner will be served, cook noodles on the stove. After noodles are soft, drain off excess water and add to the crockpot. Let warm for about 15 minutes --- use this time to set the table. 

Voila! Dinner is ready to be served.

**I have had many people ask, why don't you add the noodles to the crockpot right away. Well, I did that once and the noodles were very sogging; not appealing to look at or eat, in my opinion.

Country FarmHouse Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts