I Don't Want To ....

We've all heard or maybe even said those words before

I DON'T WANT TO ....

Photo found on Google

I know that I have said these words - yesterday and even this morning --- really Father, do I have to? I just don't want to. I'm ... tired. have other things to do. and the list could go on and on.

But I will never forget the day that the Lord laid this verse on my heart: You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. So you do not belong to yourselves, because you were bought by God for a price. So honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NCV).

Even though, everyone of us reads the Word, each Bible verse can be applied to our lives in so many different ways --- it is our interpretation of the verse; based on our own experiences and the path that we are walking with Him. 

When God placed this verse on my heart, He was reminding me that my body is a temple and how can I care for it in the best way possible. A reminder that even though I had begun eating cleaner, healthier, it wasn't enough --- when was I going to start working out again? (on a side note, I am a runner and before our youngest son passed away, I was running 2-5 miles a day. After his passing, running/walking/working out was the furthest thing from my mind; I just wanted to get through the days --- second by second, minute by minute, MOMent by MOMent). But God needs me to be at my best, not necessarily the skinniest or even "model perfect" but my very best.

What did I do? Yes, you guessed right. I went out and purchased a new treadmill (I had run the other one to the ground and hadn't replaced it yet *smiles*). I remember how hard it was to even walk. Just walk, I kept reminding myself --- ten more minutes, five more, one more minute. Very soon it was you can do one mile, just another half mile, and then it became can you walk two miles?

Shortly after breaking the two mile "walking" mile, God showed me an article about core training. Huh? You want me to do WHAT??!! Yes, Lord, I can do it (if that's what You REALLY want!). I started doing planks and other core exercises. Now if you're never done a plank, you're probably thinking what's the BIG deal??!! Put your thoughts into action and then come talk to me (google "plank exercises" if you don't know what they are). For those of you who are "somewhat in shape", they may not be a BIG deal .... but to me, well you can only imagine. And then I found out I had to hold that position for thirty seconds ---- are you kidding me?? I started out doing three ... three planks for thirty seconds, that's it. I have since worked up to doing more than just "three"

... but it brings me to my conclusion ---- I DON'T WANT TO!! Yesterday, I just couldn't get up enough energy (a long story for another time) and well today .... I just don't want to! But that little voice (you know the ONE that our Lord uses to get our ATTENTION) reminded me that I can either obey Him or not --- the choice is MINE! Gulp!!

After much prayer, I am working out AGAIN today. Do I want to? No, not really. I can find one million things that I'd rather be doing BUT --- as He said, the CHOICE is MINE! I don't know about you, but I really don't want to disappoint God .... 

Country FarmHouse Blessings,

Comments

  1. LOVE this post Lori. I am with ya.
    I sure do know how hard a plank is...lol...Haven't done one in awhile. But will.
    I got out of my routine at the gym, traveling to see mom and dad, then the crud for 3 weeks, so yesterday was my D-Day. Back I went.
    Baby steps...then I will be ok!
    Great post...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. Glad you are feeling better and looking forward to seeing your progress. {{{Hugs}}} ~Lori

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts