JOYS of Christmas ....

Thomas Kinkade "Christmas Chapel"
CHRISTMAS is the season of JOY but to be honest, there are many who are lonely and sad. When you have lost a loved one, it can be an extremely difficult time. This is true for many of my family and friends, and yes, even me.

The Wednesday before the start of December, November 28, was a very difficult day for me. I really can't even tell you why, but it started as soon as I woke up. Even doing a Bible study that morning, just didn't bring me peace like it usually does. I was in prayer a lot that day, anything to get rid of that "horrible discouraged" MOMent. Unfortunately that day, the peace did not come.

As I took our dog, Sadie, out that night. I paused as I looked to the sky. "Please, Lord, I need to find that peace again", I spoke to the night sky. "How can I possibly encourage others, when I can't find that encouragement myself? Lord, You asked me to encourage and inspire others, right?? HOW?" 

My answer came to me the next morning. As I did my daily Bible study, I felt that peace again. "My child, you need to find that JOY. The JOY of Christmas. It's still there, look deep in your heart." THAT'S IT! Look for the JOY - it's in the every day blessings - you just need to find it again. I made the decision right then and there that everyday I would do a "25 Days of Christmas Joy" on Facebook.

What exactly is JOY? JOY is a source or cause of delight. Not necessarily happy, just something that encourages and brings delight. JOY is also the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life, the quiet confidence that ultimately everything is going to be okay, and the determined choice to praise Him in every situation.

Remember, those that did the "30 Days of Thankfulness"? Well, this is very similar. Each day, for 25 days, I will post on Facebook my "Christmas JOY". I started posting these on my personal page, but for those who want to follow along, I will post on my Prim 'n Purdy page too. 


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Care to join me in sharing the "JOYS of Christmas"? Please leave a comment and let me know where to follow along with you. Let's brighten this wonderful Season for all those who may need just a little lift during what should be a JOYous occasion.

Country FarmHouse Blessings,

Comments

  1. Lori - I am participating in the 25 Days of Christmas Joy. I truly appreciate you starting this new tradition. I love how it makes me slow down and look for the JOY in every day. Thanks so much for blessing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie --- Thank you so very much! I have been following your posts too. It's a wonderful way to celebrate the Spirit of Christmas and Spread a little JOY too. Blessings and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lori! Blessed Mother Teresa said, "Joy is prayer, joy is strength, joy is love. Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love." Wishing you an Advent filled with Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I relate to your post SOOOOOO much! My heart feels like it is being torn in two this year as we face every day of the holiday season...Will was so amazing to us in leading us during Advent and it breaks my heart to not have him here through each day we go through during this season. When I saw your post about this I knew I needed to participate. I am working on finding and remembering joy in each day as I struggle with the sadness/depression of not having Will with us here on earth this Advent/Christmas season. There is a big hole in our family pictures this year, his empty seat during our Advent devotions, his absence as I prepare for St. Nicholas without him. But I am very, very blessed with amazing memories with him from every one of these days too. I treasure those memories and you have already helped me to focus on the joys, even the little ones of each day as we walk through our first Advent season with Daddy in heaven with Jesus. It feels strange but as you know, I often share how God is carrying me through it. The 25 days of Christmas joy is one more way God is doing just that and helping me help others struggling too. Thank you for sharing what is helping you. You are such an encouragement to me and so many, many others! Love you sis!

    Blessings!

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts