Thankfulness

Today as I was working on my goals for the month, I decided to continue my tradition of giving thanks for 30 days. While this is a daily to-do in our house, I have found that it's nice to post on my blog or Facebook - keeps me accountable. I have set other goals also. To list just a few: work on the website, it needs to be fully functional especially before I start adding all the products; daily blogging - okay, Monday - Friday at least; new color combo for the website - I like the purple but I am just more about RED!


Every day in our homeschool studies, we list what we are thankful for. At the top of Maddie's list is always "Daddy's Job" but the next one on her list is "HEAVEN". She is thankful for heaven because she knows that it will give her the opportunity to see her big brother again someday.

Such a simple little thing but so very powerful. I am also thankful for heaven - to meet Jesus face to face, to hug my son one more time (and never have to let him go) and of course, all the other family and friends that have and will go before me.


I also have been working on a new color scheme for the website. As I stated, I do like purple, but there is just something about the color RED!! Hearts are RED. Rubies are RED. I look good in RED (is there any other reason to like RED??!!). Love means RED. Red reminds me of Comfort and Joy - part of the concept of my Country FarmHouse Shoppe. I didn't want to change the original colors of brown, turquoise and teal so in keeping with my Simple Country Living with a Twist of Western - I decided to use these colors .... 

And I have spent the better part of the day, working on the Prim 'n Purdy website. I was able to complete a few pages - About Us, Contact Us along with working on some of the categories and products. It will be an ongoing adventure and I'm sure that I'll make more changes along the way .... but it's a start in the right direction.

I would love to have you join me in "30 REASONS to be THANKFUL". You don't need a blog, a Facebook page or even a Twitter account - you can write your blessings on a piece of paper, notecards or start a journal. It's so easy to get caught up in the problems or difficulties of the day but by joining me on a THANKFULNESS JOURNEY, you might find yourself forgetting one or two of those problems.

Country FarmHouse Blessings,



Comments

  1. I am thankful for having my parents next to me when I need them, and I am thankful because despite all the problems I face during the day I can still find a light in the darkness, which is a blessing... Some people have it all and still don't appreciate it..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts