Dreams ... Becoming Who You Really Are

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~E.E. Cummings

Becoming who you really are ... gives you something to think about, doesn't it? Have you ever given any thought to who you really are? It's so easy to get lost in what society wants us to be, who our friends say we are, even who our parents want us to be ... I think over time, we get lost ourselves - we forget who we really are.

I admit, for me, it's very easy to start a project, do some research on the internet / pinterest / facebook / etc and start "liking" all kinds of other ideas. Whoops. Get. Back. on Track. I write most of my ideas, keywords, etc in my journal - something I always try to have with me - and if not, I use my phone's notebook feature. And then I return to those original ideas - the ones that remind me who I am.

As I spend a lot of time in prayer, talking to God, reading the Bible, I have tried to remember to listen to my heart's desires - what do I desire more than anything? What are my dreams? Where do I see myself in a year? 2 years? 5 years? And it always comes back to this ...


Photo courtesy of Country Living

Yes, there's more to it than just this photo but ... I absolutely love these colors - relaxing, cozy, country, northwoods - HOME! This photo (along with many more that I have saved) helps me realize what my heart truly desires. It is a great way to envision my dream and who I want to be when I grow up *smiles*.

Spending quiet time and allowing ourselves to reflect, is a wonderful way to allow God to show us what our heart desires; what it is that we see ourselves doing to accomplish the path that God has shown us / chosen for us. I believe that one of my gifts is the ability to inspire and encourage others - it makes me feel good knowing that just one person feels better today because of something that I said or did - and I want to use that God-given gift to share Him and to allow my light to shine.

I encourage you to dust off your Bible, make an appointment with God and allow Him to lead and guide you. Follow your heart ... Take delight in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lordtrust in him and he will do this. Psalm 37:4-5 (NIV).

Dream * Believe * Achieve ... It's never to late to start Living Your Dream!

Country FarmHouse Blessings,

Comments

Popular Posts