It has been awhile ...


It has been awhile since my last post and I apologize for that. I was trying to blog daily and after another snowstorm, it was very hard for me to keep up. You see, when my husband goes out to snowplow, I get up with him. I then make coffee, make his lunch, fix his breakfast and get him out the door (this usually takes place around 1 or 2 AM). By the time, I get all of this done, I am WIDE AWAKE and unable to go back to sleep. What does this have to do with blogging? It makes for a very long day and unfortunately, even after a zillion cups of coffee, seems to make me move at a slower pace and I never seem to accomplish all that I set out to do that day.

So on to the blog post for today: Remember when I told you I was looking at some new fabrics? I found some (all photos on this post are courtesy of "Connecting Threads") at Connecting Threads. I just love how these fabrics pull together especially in the following quilt samples.


This quilt is the "Pinwheel Parade" Pattern. I just love how it has a beautiful mix of color, but yet still has that "old fashioned" country feel. Just imagine this quilt laid out in a three-season room, a front porch (if you live someplace that weather would permit it) or even a sitting room. It has so many colors to choose your accent colors from.

The next quilt is the "Lexington Liberty" Quilt Pattern. Again, another beautiful display of colors. These colors would look absolutely beautiful in your colonial country house - imagine this one in your living room or even a bedroom. Just enough color without overdoing it. Simply Beautiful!

These patterns are both made with the "Bed and Breakfast" Fabric Collection. So many inspiring fabric color choices, but yet two different looks - wonderful what you can do with the right fabric choices.

We will be purchasing these fabrics, but not necessarily to make the quilts...stay tuned to see what we decide to sew up for your viewing pleasure.


Country FarmHouse Blessings,


~*~ Lori ~*~
 Purdy Prairie Mama 

Comments

  1. The weather has been dictating to a lot of us lately. I'll be watching to see what you do with that beautiful fabric. I checked out the site and will sign up for their email. The prices are very good and beats going out in this weather. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhhh love the quilts......and your blog is wonderful! Glad I found your blog Lori!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts